Report: Hull City 1-1 Bristol City

City picked up a point on the road as Nahki Wells’ second-half equalizer capped a thrilling performance at the MKM Stadium.

Wells’ goal in the 62ndsd minute after player of the game, Jason Knight set up Mark Sykes for an accurate cross.

It was no more than the Robins deserved as they rallied after Ozan Tufan’s first-half goal to create chance after chance, including an effort from Wells which was ruled offside late by the assistant referee.

City started brilliantly with Zak Vyner intercepting a ball in midfield and feeding Sam Bell, but his cross was cut off.

Naismith, playing defense in place of the suspended Rob Dickie, was effective in splitting up the defence, while Knight was energetic and moved the ball forward well.

Hull went close after 16 minutes, with Adama Traore hitting the side netting after the Tigers had a game-changer when a minute later they were leading. Liam Delap beat Vyner down the right and brought the ball in for Tufan, who swept the ball into the net,

From then on it was all City but they couldn’t find the goal, Sykes – on Sam Bell’s parried shot – and Joe Williams firing over, while Knight and George Tanner had their shots blocked.

Then came the controversial offside, with the assistant referee raising his flag a significant moment after Wells put the ball in the net.

City had chances early in the second half with Knight heading a Naismith corner wide at the near post and then Bell beating his man and crossing low through the goal, but no one was there to capitalize.

It looked like the breakthrough was coming and it happened just after the hour mark when Knight ran through the middle, fed Sykes down the right and his perfect cross found Wells who tapped the ball away.

Wells almost had a second when his close range kick was blocked and then collected by Matt Ingram.

By then, O’Leary had fended off Scott Twine’s free-kick as the keeper came out wide to fend off Aaron Connolly.

City made a triple substitution after 76 minutes with Harry Cornick, debutant Taylor Gardner-Hickman and Andi Weimann replacing Wells, Bell and Tanner.

However, they lost Weimann within two minutes to a recurrence of his heel injury and he was replaced by Haydon Roberts.

City pulled out all the stops for the win, including Cornick falling down the left and firing from a tight angle, but Ingram denied it with his feet.

Gardner-Hickman nearly capped off a dream start with a shot that was blocked as City pressed for all three points but had to settle for just one.

Team: O’Leary, Tanner (Gardner-Hickman 76), Vyner, Naismith, Pring, Williams, James (C), Knight, Sykes (Mehmeti 89), Bell (Weimann 76, Roberts 78), Wells (Cornick 76). Subs (not used): Bajic, King, Yeboah.

Att: 19,491 (408 away).

Source link:

Xem thêm:  Pent-up private sector demand Wegovy raises UK availability concerns

Related Posts