Here are the details :
- September 17, 2023 (Sunday): Banks across the country will remain closed.
- September 18, 2023 (Monday): Banks will be closed in Karnataka and Telangana for Vinayak Chaturthi.
- September 19, 2023 (Tuesday): Banks in Gujarat, Maharashtra, Orissa, Tamil Nadu and Goa will be closed for Ganesh Chaturthi.
- September 20, 2023 (Wednesday): Orissa and Goa will observe a public holiday on the second day of Ganesh Chaturthi, known as Nuakhai.
Additional public holidays in September:
- September 22, 2023 (Friday): banks will be closed
Keralafor Shree Narayana Guru Samadhi Day.
- September 23, 2023: This fourth Saturday and birthday of Maharaja Hari Singh, banks in Jammu and Srinagar will remain closed.
- September 25, 2023 (Monday): Banks in Assam will observe a public holiday on the birth anniversary of Shrimant Sankardeva.
- September 27, 2023 (Wednesday): Banks will be closed in Jammu and Kerala on the occasion of Milad-e-Sherif, the birthday of Prophet Muhammad.
- September 28, 2023 (Thursday): Eid-e-Milad or Eid-e-Miladunnabi, the birthday of Prophet Muhammad, will result in the closure of banks in Gujarat, Mizoram, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Uttarakhand, Telangana, Manipur and Uttar. Pradesh, New Delhi, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand.
- September 29, 2023 (Friday): Banks in Sikkim, Jammu and Srinagar will remain closed for Indrajatra and Friday after Eid-e-Milad-ul-Nabi.
In total, there will be 16 public holidays in September in various states of India, comprising Sunday, second Saturday and fourth Saturday, as per the Reserve Bank of India’s list of public holidays.
The Indian stock markets will also be closed on Ganesh Chaturthi i.e. September 19, 2023. According to the BSE list of public holidays for 2023, the equity segment, equity derivatives segment and SLB segment, as well that the foreign currency derivative segments will be closed on September 19.